Volkswagen started as a small car that was designed so everyone could buy it. Now, it is one of the largest companies in the world. They are owners of: Skoda, Bugatti, Seat, Audi, Porsche and Bentley. Today, they offer cars that are affordable but also very expensive. Many people say that this is the best car company in the world. It looks like they care about their customers. There are many interesting facts about this huge company.
• A part, from Germany, needs 24 hours to reach to the United States. It will be replaced as soon it arrives.
• The man responsible for this company was Adolf Hitler. He wanted to make a car that can carry 2 adult people and 3 children and be able to go 100km/h. For this project, he chose Ferdinand Porsche. The first car ever built was the Volkswagen Beatle. It was in production since 1938 up to 2003.
• Golf GTI was designed during weekends and evening hours, because the company believed that there is no market for sport Golf.
• Volkswagen designed and made Bugatti Veyron. They lose money on every car they sell. They did this just to show the world that is possible to make a car with 1000 horsepower.
• Volkswagen participates in the Truck racing.
• The Volkswagen Beatle can float several minutes in a river.
• According to a research, Beatle drivers are the safest in the world. They almost don’t cause car accidents.
• Two, last Beatle shells made in Germany are waxed and protected at the VW’s Milton-Keynes parts store.
• Volkswagen Passat, Beatle and Golf are three best selling cars.