The Statue of Liberty is one of the best known monuments in the world. For many people, it is the first thing they see when they come in the United States. Maybe you believe that it was easy to make it, but it was built a long time ago. So, heavy machinery couldn’t be used in construction. There are many interesting facts about the Statue of Liberty. It is a good thing if you know several of them.
1. The original color of the Statue of Liberty was reddish brown.
2. The Statue of Liberty was intended for Egypt.
3. Every year, more than 3.2 million people visit the Statue of Liberty. It is also one of the most visited monuments in the world.
4. "Liberty Enlightening the World" is the full name of the Statue of Liberty. But, many people don’t know this.
5. The 7 spikes on the head, represent 7 continents and 7 oceans.
6. The Roman pagan goddess, Libertas, was the inspiration for the Statue of Liberty.
7. The head of the Statue of Liberty was displayed in Paris in 1878.
8. The Statue of Liberty has 10.6 meters waistline.
9. One family lives on the Liberty Island.
10. Every year, more than 600 bolts of lightning hit the Statue of liberty.
11. The size of the shoe on the Statue of Liberty is 879.
12. Replicas of the Statue of Liberty have been seen in: Malaysia, Brazil, Pakistan and China.
13. The statue of Liberty should be a lighthouse, but it was useless for this application.
14. The face of the Statue of Liberty was sculpted after Charlotte, sculptor’s mother.