Of all states in the United States, Texas is one of the most interesting. At least many people say this. In general, it is a very interesting state, with rich history, interesting present and even better future. If you live in Texas, you probably already know several facts, but, if you are planning to live there, you should know one or two.
1. In 1836 Texas declared independence from Mexico. It became a republic, until 1845, when it joined the United States.
2. If Texas were a nation, it would be 7th largest oil producer in the world.
3. This is the only place on the planet named Earth.
4. In the Bracken cave in Texas, live 20 million bats. This is the largest colony in the world.
5. Katy Freeway is one of the widest freeways in the world. It has 26 separate lanes.
6. Texas has a unique and interesting pledge of allegiance. Also, it is their own.
7. During the World War I, Germany invited Mexico to join the World War I. In order to do this, they should attack the United States and recover their lost territories of Texas.
8. If you find Bigfoot, you can kill it. It is legal in Texas.
9. In 1989, a man was convicted to death sentence, because jury confused him with another man. They had the same hair, the name and they look similar.
10. Chorioactis, a species of fungus, exist only in Texas and in Japan. Scientists believe that it is in the same places for 19 million years.
11. The King Ranch, in Texas, has a bigger size than the state of Rhode Island.