Sony is one of the biggest companies in the world. You probably heard of them a few decades ago, when you had to have a Play Station 1. It was the best gaming console of that time. Actually, many kids still use it. Games that you were able to play on it were very amusing, so many people don’t want to stop playing them. But, Sony is much more than a gaming console. Here are some facts that can prove this.
• Sony was founded in 1946, by Masaru Ibuka and Akio Morita. The name of the company was Tokyo Telecommunications Laboratory (Tokyo Tsushin Kenkyujo). After 12 years, they got the name Sony.
• The name Sony comes from the Latin language and it means sound.
• The first audio recorder, made by Sony, wasn’t perfect. An opera student complained about the sound quality, so they hire them.
• Sony Disco Jogger was the suggested name for the Walkman. In every country, it was sold, it had a different name.
• Staff uniforms were designed by Issey Miyake. Employees and staff wore them. They were designed during the 70s and 80s.
• Nintendo asked Sony to make an add-on for their gaming console. The deal broke down and Sony made Play Station. This was a serious mistake for the Nintendo.
• Sony made Walkman for prisoners. It was cold the Walkman SRF-39FP (FP-Federal Prison). It could run up to 40 hours on an AA battery.
• In 1998, Sony made camcorder that had night vision. People who wore dark clothes were exposed to the infra-red light. They had to recall the product. But they already sold 700.000.