Recycling is something that can make our world a better place. All you need to do is to recycle. It isn’t hard and you will know that you did something good for the environment. Maybe you think of recycling like on something dirty, but this is a complicated process that is used in the whole world. Because of this, there are many interesting facts about recycling.
1. Recycling just one ton of paper saves: 7,000 gallons of water, 682.5 gallons of oil and 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space.
2. 27.000 trees are felled every single day just so we can make toilet paper out of them.
3. 95% of all data in the world is still stored on paper. Almost all of these data is never looked again.
4. People in the United States throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles per hour. Just one bottle needs 500 years to decompose.
5. Thousands of animals that live in the oceans die because they swallow plastic parts.
6. People in America throw away cans and plastic bottles to reach the Moon 20 times.
7. Recycling just one aluminum can, can save energy needed for listening the whole album.
8. When we recycle one ton of plastics, we save 2,000 gallons of gasoline.
9. Since the beginning of this year, people in New York must recycle their old electronic devices or they must pay a fine of $100.
10. 14 billion pounds of garbage is thrown away in the oceans each year.
11. When we recycle one ton of paper, we save 17 trees.
12. Liposuctioned fat from humans can be recycled as fuel.