New Zealand is best known country that many people have never visited. Because of its location, it is very interesting. Many people say that it has the most beautiful nature in the world. Beside the nature, New Zealand has many other interesting things. Now, we can see all of them.
1. New Zealand is a part of the "Zealandia". This is a continent that is 93% below the sea level.
2. New Zealand was discovered 800 years ago. Before that, it was unknown.
3. The fastest country in the world, to start a business is New Zealand. You will need just one day.
4. New Zealand was the first country (modern country) to allow women to vote.
5. Sign language is the official language in New Zealand. It is one of two official languages.
6. There are no land snakes in New Zealand.
7. During the World War II, U.S. and New Zealand tested more than 3.700 Tsunami bombs. They were designed to destroy coastal cities.
8. Drug companies can advertise directly to consumers in New Zealand. This is allowed in the United States and New Zealand.
9. In 2013, scientists discovered a bacteria, in New Zealand, that is resistant to every antibiotic known to man.
10. New Zealand is one of the least corrupted countries in the world.
11. In 1999, a first openly transsexual became a member of the parliament. Before this, she was a prostitute.
12. The world’s steepest street is located in New Zealand.
13. Bungee jumping (organized) first start in New Zealand.
14. The logo of the flight force of New Zealand is a Kiwi, a bird that cannot fly.