Mont Everest is the top of the world. We all know this. It is the special place that represents an important goal for many people. During the time, Mont Everest was reason for happiness, but for sadness as well. Now, we know many interesting facts about it. If you are planning to climb on Mont Everest, you should know at least one.
1. More than 5.000 climbed on Mont Everest. But, a 13-year-old boy, a 73-year-old woman and a blind person climber as well.
2. There are 200 dead bodies at the top of Mont Everest. They are landmarks.
3. Yuichiro Miura is the oldest person who climbed Mont Everest. He is 80 years old.
4. There are 50 tons of waste on Mont Everest. This means that it is the dirtiest mountain in the world.
5. If you want to climb on Mont Everest, it will cost you $65.000. But, you can use high-speed internet while you are climbing.
6. A man traveled, on his bicycle, from Sweden to Mont Everest. He tried to climb, but he quit 300 feet from the top.
7. Mont Everest is pronounced ‘’Eve-rest’’, because it is named after George Everest.
8. For every 100 people who climbed to the top, 4 people died.
9. In 2005, a couple married on the Mont Everest. They were the first couple to do this.
10. Mont Everest grows 4 millimeters every year.
11. The boiling point of water, on the top is 71 degrees Celsius.
12. In 2011, two people paraglided from the top of the Mont Everest. They avoided descent that lasts 3 days.