Mitsubishi is one of the best known car manufacturers in the world. They got the popularity in the world rallying. Even today, their rally cars are the best. Every young person likes, owns or want to have a Mitsubishi Lancer. Beside good off-road capabilities, this car is a masterpiece. Everything related to it is different and unique. But, Mitsubishi is much more than just one car. Also, there are many interesting facts about this car company.
• During the rich history, Mitsubishi had several alliances with other car manufacturers. Some of them are: Colt, Proton, Chrysler and Volvo.
• Mitsubishi has 12 victories in the famous Paris-Dakar rally. This made them the most effective car manufacturer.
• Mitsubishi has more than 50 years of experience in motto-sport. They started in the 60s. Today, they make some of the best sports cars.
• Mitsubishi has 6 factories. They are located all over the world. Their cars are available in more than 160 countries.
• Mitsubishi has a good connection with Jackie Chan. He uses Mitsubishi cars in his movies.
• The Lancer 1600 GSR was especially designed for the East African Safari Rally. It won the marathon in 1974. An interesting fact is, this was their first attempt.
• The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X doesn’t have a reverse gear. Instead, the first and third gears can change their rotation, which allows the car to go in reverse. This is done in order to save weight.
• The Evo X MR (in North America) comes with 650w, nine-speaker Rockford-Fosgate stereo and 30GB music server as standard. Because of this, many young people like this car.
• The first Mitsubishi Evo, had 95 bhp and a 1.6 litre engine.