Maybe it isn’t the most popular tourist destination, but Israel is a very old country. This country has e rich history. Because of this, there are many interesting facts about it. It is a good thing if you know one or two of them.
1. Hebrew and Arabic are official languages in Israel.
2. The presidency of Israel was offered to Einstein.
3. Israel is the only country in the whole world to draft women into the military service.
4. Underweight models are banned in Israel. This is done in order to fight against anorexia.
5. Israel is a small country. You can run from one side to another in just 2 hours. You also can cross it from top to bottom in 9 days.
6. In 1997, a court in Israel prosecuted and punished a Jew who said that Muhammad was a pig.
7. Neturei Karta a Jewish sect supports Palestine and support their dismantling. Of course, they support this peacefully.
8. Robert F. Kennedy was shot by a man from Palestine, because of his support for Israel.
9. The Jerusalem syndrome is triggered when some people visit Jerusalem. This is a group of psychological phenomena.
10. More than 1.000 letters reach every year to Jerusalem. All of them are addressed to God.
11. In 1963, a seed that is 2.000 years old was found in a jar, in Israel. They planted the tree in 2005. It is still growing. This plant was extinct before 1.800 years.
12. The world’s record, for the most passengers in a commercial airplane is 1.088. This is still held by the El Al, the national carrier of Israel.