Global warming is a serious problem that affects on humans, animals and plants. In fact, it affects on the whole planet. Luckily, many people are trying to prevent it and solve this massive problem. But, this is a long journey. We can hope that in the near future, we will solve this problem. Until then, we can only hope. However, there are many interesting facts about global warming, some of them can make you think differently about it.
1. Global warming can be responsible for extinction 1 in 6 animal and plant species.
2. August in 2014 was the warmest August in the history.
3. Cows emit a lot of methane, so they affect on global warming. In fact, they affect more than the oil industry.
4. 37% of people who live in the United States, believe that the global warming is a hoax.
5. 70% of Hispanics in the United States will say that global warming is caused by humans. 40% of white people will say the same.
6. Since 1870, the sea level has been increased for 20 centimeters.
7. There is more CO2 in the atmosphere than ever before.
8. 2010 was the warmest year.
9. The surface temperature of the Earth has been increased for 0.8 degrees Celsius since the industrial revolution.
10. If we can cause global warming on Mars, we could live on it.
11. We are still in the ice age.
12. The Marshall Islands will disappear if the temperature of the Earth is increased for 2 degrees Celsius.
13. 64% of people who live in the United States, believe that global warming won’t affect on their life.