The best known fact about these animals is their long neck. They have it so they can reach leaves from the top of the tree. But, there are many more, interesting facts about Giraffes. In general, they are very interesting animals, with a lot unique details. Luckily, you can know many of them.
1. Giraffes are the tallest animals on the planet. A grown male can reach 5.5 meters.
2. Several giraffes that make a group are called a tower.
3. All animals can swim. Well, there is not a single person who saw a giraffe swimming.
4. Humans must sleep between 7 and 9 hours every day. However, giraffes need only between 5 and 30 minutes.
5. Giraffes can make a sound, but they refuse to do it.
6. The best known characteristic of a giraffe is the neck. It can be 1.8 meters tall.
7. Giraffes eat a lot of plants. They also get the water from these plants. This means that they must drink water once in a couple of days. Because of this, they can live in areas without water.
8. Beside long neck, giraffes have long tongues. It can be up to 53 cm long.
9. Spots on a giraffe are unique. They are like fingerprints.
10. Feet of a giraffe has the same size as a dinner plate.
11. When a giraffe drink water, she must spread front legs in order to reach it.
12. A giraffe’s legs are taller than most humans. They are 1.8 meters tall.
13. Giraffes are already extinct in 7 countries in Africa. 50% of their calves do not survive the first 6 months.