Germany is best known for strong industry, cars and beer. But, there are many more interesting facts about this country. Also, it is one of the best countries to live in. It has beautiful nature, a good life standard and a lot of different people live there.
1. Germany has the population of 82 million people. This means that it is the most populous country in Europe.
2. During the Second Reich (1871-1918), Germany’s land areas was 50% larger. It included parts of Lithuania and Poland.
3. Germans are the second biggest beer consumers in the world (the Czechs are first). German people consume 107 liters of beer per person per year.
4. German language has the most native speakers in Europe.
5. 18.5% of the population (15 million people) are people of non-German descent. 50% of them are not German citizens.
6. The Zoologischer Garten, in Berlin is the largest zoo in the whole world. Germany has 700 wildlife parks, zoological gardens and etc.
7. Between 1896 and 2012, Germany’s athletes have won 1662 Olympic medals (winter and summer).
8. Germans are responsible for invention of: clarinet, insulin, the LCD screen, the automated calculator, television (partly), the pocket watch, petrol/gasoline & Diesel engines, the jet engine, the light bulb, motorcycle, paraffin and certain parts of cars.
9. Greens are part of the government coalition.
10. There are more than 20.000 wind turbines in northern Germany. This country produced 35% of total wind energy.
11. Germany has the 3rd highest recycling rate. Switzerland and Austria are higher.
12. The tallest church in the world is Ulm Cathedral. It has a height of 161.53 meters.