Alfa Romeo makes some of the most interesting cars in the world. The reason why they are, unique is their design. Simply said, all Alfa Romeo cars are beautiful. But, they are fast as well. Petrol heads say that every driver must own or he should own an Alfa Romeo. But, there are many facts about this car manufacturer. Many of them are very interesting.
1. Alfa Romeo was founded in 1910 in Portello. The idea was to make a car that is suitable for harsh Italian, mountain roads. Cav Ugo Stella, with several businessmen from Milano, founded this car company.
2. ALFA stands for Societa Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili.
3. The symbol of Alfa is a combination of the symbol of Milan and Visconti family.
4. In 1925, Alfa won the first World Motor Racing Championship. The Alfa P2s of Campari and Ascari were do far ahead.
5. In Mille Miglia, in 1933, the first 10 cars were Alfa Romeos.
6. Henry Ford liked Alfa. He raised a hat every time he saw an Alfa, at least he said this.
7. Alfa Romeo made: trucks, tractors, railway engines, buses, marine engines, cooking stoves, road-rollers, airplanes and aluminum windows.
8. The Alfa 75 twin spark, reached 203 mph. It had 4 cylinder, turbocharged engine. It held this position for several years.
9. The Alfa 156 was fitted with common rail diesel engine. It was the first car in the world with this characteristic.
10. When Fiat rejected Enzo Ferrari, he went to work for Alfa. He drove 10 years in their team. After that, he made his own team.