When we want to buy a new or used car, we pay attention to how it looks, how it goes and how it costs, but there is something far more important than this. It is safety. Many cars look nice, but they aren’t safe in a case of crash. Even if it is a big SUV 4x4 it doesn’t mean that it is safer than regular car. If you are planning to buy a new or used car, here is a list of those you should buy or you must avoid. The safest cars are:
- The 2015 Subaru Legacy is one of the safest. When it is equipped with an optional Eye Sight System, it is even very good in preventing collisions. All this costs $25.000.
- Volvo S60 is also a safe car. It has the lowest rates of injury related insurance losses.
- The Hyundai Genesis is the top model of this brand. With Automatic Emergency Braking system, it is their safest car.
- The Mazda 3 is the safest solution if you want a hatchback. Thanks to systems like: Rear Cross Traffic Alert, a rearview camera system and Blind Spot Monitoring, it is very safe.
But, there are some cars you must avoid. They are:
- Kia Rio has poor results in crash tests, so you should avoid it.
- Nissan Versa Sedan. Despite being a big car, it isn’t very safe.
- Hyundai Accent 4-Door scored poor ratings in small overlap front test. Despite this, many people buy this car.
- Chevrolet Aveo earned Marginal ratings in: roof strength, head restraints & seats categories.
- Hyundai Accent 2-Door has poor results in the side crash tests.